The information that can be received by the SLR-200 is as follows:
• Name of vessel • Destination • Heading • Navigational status
• Call Sign •Speed (SOG) • Rate of Turn • Vessel dimensions
• Type of vessel• Course (COG) •Position • MMSI Number
Why do I need an SLR-200?
Originally designed to improve safety at sea, most vessels over 300 tons are required to fit AIS transponders before the end of 2004 and all before the end of 2007.
The SLR-200 provides a small vessel with:
• a low cost method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other vessels within VHF range
• the ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other vessels on the screen of your onboard PC
• a vessels name, call sign and MMSI number to call up the target vessel on a DSC radio and ascertain their intentions
The CSB200 provides a small vessel with:
• automatic transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range
• a method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of other vessels within VHF range
• the ability to plot the progress, changes in heading and speed of other vessels on a PC or Chart Plotter
• a vessels name, call sign and MMSI number to call up the target vessel on a DSC radio and ascertain their intentions automatic transmission of vessels own position, speed and heading to other vessels within VHF range
The SLR-200 provides the Vessel Monitoring capability for small ports and harbors
• that cannot justify an expensive Class “A” unit, to monitor traffic within VHF range
• to track vessels transiting areas and check on legality of transit, compliance with speed regulations etc.
• to monitor their own vessels operating inside VHF range
Installation is quick and simple. The SLR-200 requires a 12/24vDC power source, connection to a PC via the serial port, and connection to an external VHF aerial
(not supplied). The SLR-200 is compatible with electronic chart systems capable of accepting standard NMEA 183 AIS sentences. For information about compatibility, please consult your Navigation Software supplier.
The SLR-200 is a compact dual channel synthesized VHF receiver designed to receive and decode transmissions from vessels fitted with Class “A” AIS transceivers.
Power supply range: 9 – 30 Volts DC (Suitable
for 12 or 24v systems)
Power consumption : 400mW
Baud rate: 4800 or 38.4KB
Format: NMEA 0183
Output Message: VDM
AIS 1 161.975 MHz, AIS 2 162.025 MHz
Channel spacing: 25KHz
Data Rate: 9600
Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms
Length: 140mm, Width: 120mm, Height:
50mm Weight: 600g
Mounting: Trunnion bracket
Output port: 9 pin D socket
Power: 2 pole plug
Please drop us an email at Sales@Woodsidetech.com